Air Fryer Chicken Cordon Bleu
This is a crispy air-fried chicken cordon bleu stuffed with the melty cheese and ham. Serve it with a steamed vegetable for a complete, perfect and satisfying meal.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Additional Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
Ingredients for Air Fryer Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Salt and ground black pepper as per your taste
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 4 slices of deli Swiss cheese
- ⅓ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 slices of deli ham
- 2 toothpicks
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup of panko bread crumbs
- Cooking spray
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Cordon Bleu
- First of all, set 1 chicken breast on the cutting board. Now hold a sharp knife parallel to the cutting board & along one long side of the breast; cut the chicken breast almost in the half, leaving breast attached at the one side.
- After that, open breast so it lies flat like the book and cover it with plastic wrap. Now lightly pound with the flat side of the meat mallet to 1/4-inches of thickness. Repeat this step with remaining chicken breast.
- Now season each of the chicken breast with salt and pepper. Spread the Dijon mustard on the top. Place 1 slices of cheese on each of the breast.
- After that, top each with the 2 slices of ham and 1 slice of the cheese. Roll each of the breasts up and secure with the toothpick.
- Now place the flour in a shallow bowl and place egg in the second bowl. Mix the grated Parmesan and panko bread crumbs in a third bowl.
- Now preheat an air fryer to the 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Dip the chicken first in flour, followed by the egg, and finally roll in bread crumb mixture. Spray chicken rolls with the nonstick spray and let sit for 5-6 minutes while air fryer preheats.
- In the end, place the chicken in the basket of preheated air fryer and cook for 10-12 minutes. Now spray any chalky spots with the nonstick spray again. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink color in the center, 8-10 minutes more.
Nutritional Information for Air Fryer Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Calories: 725.2
- % Daily Value *
- Dietary fiber: 1.2g 6 %
- Protein: 63.5g 125 %
- Carbohydrates: 56.5g 15 %
- Fat: 31.3g 48 %
- Vitamin a iu: 665.3iu 12 %
- Niacin equivalents: 24.2mg 185 %
- Saturated fat: 16.0g 80 %
- Cholesterol: 252.4mg 84 %
- Vitamin b6: 0.6mg 48 %
- Vitamin c: 2.5mg 5 %
- Iron: 2.4mg 12 %
- Magnesium: 67.0mg 23 %
- Potassium: 464.8mg 12 %
- Folate: 50mcg 12 %
- Calcium: 635.8mg 65 %
- Sodium: 1662.5mg 68 %
- Thiamin: 0.8mg 68 %