Air Fryer Scotch Eggs
Friends, when you make the Scotch eggs in your air fryer, you will get all the deliciousness without the mess & added fat of the deep frying.
They make the perfect breakfast or snacks, especially when the served with chutney dipping sauce.
Cook the eggs as per your liking; either slightly soft or hard-boiled, you cannot go wrong. You can find the mango chutney in Indian section of your grocery store.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Ingredients for making Air Fryer Scotch Eggs
- 3 tablespoons of Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of mango chutney
- ⅛ teaspoon of salt
- ⅛ teaspoon of pepper
- One tablespoon of mayonnaise
- ⅛ teaspoon of curry powder
- ⅛ teaspoon of cayenne pepper (Optional)
- 1 pound of pork sausage
- 6 hard-boiled and shelled eggs
- ⅓ cup of flour
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 1 cup of panko bread crumbs
- Cooking spray
How to Make Air Fryer Scotch Eggs
- First of all, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, salt, chutney, curry powder, pepper, and cayenne in the small bowl. Refrigerate until it is ready to use.
- Now divide the pork sausage into 6 even portions. Flatten each of the portions into the thin patty. Place 1 egg in middle and wrap sausage around the eggs, sealing all the sides. Set eggs aside in the plate.
- And then preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- After that, place the flour into the small bowl & beaten eggs into the another small bowl. Place the panko bread crumbs onto a plate. Dip each of the sausage-wrapped egg into the flour, and then dip into the beaten egg, letting the excess drip off. Roll in the bread crumbs & place onto a plate.
- In the end, spray the basket of air fryer with the cooking spray & place eggs into the basket. Do not overcrowd and cook in batches if necessary. Cook for around 12-14 minutes, turning the eggs over the halfway through. Repeat with the remaining eggs. Serve with the dipping sauce.
If you prefer a smoother dipping sauce, use a mini food processor and blend. If you like a lot of sauce then makes a double batch.
Nutritional Information for Air Fryer Scotch Eggs
- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories: 406.2
- % Daily Value *
- Protein: 21.5g 43 %
- Carbohydrates: 21.4g 7 %
- Dietary fiber: 0.5g 1 %
- Fat: 27.6g 43 %
- Saturated fat: 8.6g 44 %
- Cholesterol: 282mg 95 %
- Vitamin a iu: 462.6iu 9 %
- Niacin equivalents: 6.0mg 47 %
- Vitamin b6: 0.6mg 18 %
- Vitamin c: 2.5mg 4 %
- Folate: 44mcg 11 %
- Calcium: 54.9mg 6 %
- Iron: 2.3mg 13 %
- Magnesium: 21mg 7 %
- Potassium: 307.2mg 9 %
- Sodium: 945.9mg 38 %
- Thiamin: 0.6mg 48 %