Baked Mac and Cheese
Hello friends, welcome to Smooth Recipe. Today we are going to make Baked Mac and Cheese.
This is a delicious cheese and macaroni which I made 1st time around 2 years ago when I was in Las Vegas. And when I got back to Utah I made it for my family. This is now one of my best dishes for my family.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Additional Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hr 5 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Ingredients for Baked Mac and Cheese
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- ¼ cup of finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 2 cups of milk
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package of elbow macaroni
- 2 cups of shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package of processed American cheese, cut into the strips
How to Make Baked Mac and Cheese
- First of all, preheat oven to the 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Now melt the butter in a medium size saucepan over the medium heat flame. Saute onion for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute by stirring constantly.
- Stir in the salt, milk, mustard and pepper; cook and stirring it frequently, until the mixture boil and thickens.
- Meanwhile, bring the pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add the macaroni and cook for 8- 10 minutes or until al dente; and drain.
- After that, to the milk mixtures add the American and Cheddar cheeses; stir it until the cheese melts. Combine the macaroni and cheese sauce in a 2 quart of baking dish; and mix well.
- In the end, bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until it hot and bubbly. Let it cool down for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Information for Mom’s Favorite Baked Mac and Cheese
- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories: 560
- % Daily Value *
- Dietary fiber: 1.8g 9 %
- Fat: 33.0g 50 %
- Protein: 28.4g 56 %
- Carbohydrates: 36.4g 14 %
- Saturated fat: 20.5g 100 %
- Niacin equivalents: 7.8mg 60 %
- Vitamin b6: 0.2mg 8 %
- Cholesterol: 100.2mg 32 %
- Vitamin a iu: 1090.9iu 24 %
- Vitamin c: 0.8mg 2 %
- Iron: 1.5mg 8 %
- Magnesium: 50.0mg 15 %
- Potassium: 286.5mg 6 %
- Folate: 88.4mcg 24 %
- Calcium: 642.3mg 62 %
- Sodium: 1192mg 46 %
- Thiamin: 0.4mg 24 %