Hello friends, welcome to Smooth Recipe. Today we are going to make Baked Spaghetti.
This is a comforting; delicious baked spaghetti casserole with plenty of the melted cheese is the perfect dish for family gatherings, or a week-night dinner for all family.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Ingredients for Baked Spaghetti
- 1 (16 ounce) package of spaghetti
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 (32 ounce) jar of meatless spaghetti sauce
- ½ teaspoon of seasoned salt
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 cups of small curd cottage cheese, divided
- 4 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
Directions for making Baked Spaghetti
- First of all, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 9×13-inches of baking dish.
- And then bring a large pot of the lightly salted water to the boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring it occasionally until it cooked through but firm to the bite, for about 10-12 minutes.
- Now heat a large skillet over the medium heat; cook and stir the beef and onion until the meat is browned in color and onions are soft and translucent, for about 6-7 minutes. Drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and with seasoned salt.
- Whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese, and butter in the large bowl. Mix in the spaghetti to egg mixture and toss to the coat. Place half of the spaghetti mixture into the baking dish. Top with half of the mozzarella, cottage cheese, and meat sauce. Repeat the layers. Cover with the aluminum foil.
- In the end, bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake until cheese is melted and lightly browned in color, for 20 to 25 minutes longer.
Nutritional Information for Baked Spaghetti
- Servings per recipe: 8
- Calories: 726
- % daily value *
- Protein: 42.4g 84 %
- Carbohydrates: 61.7g 21 %
- Dietary fiber: 4.7g 21 %
- Sugars: 12.8g
- Fat: 33.5g 50 %
- Saturated fat: 17.5g 85 %
- Cholesterol: 150.0mg 55 %
- Vitamin a iu: 1186iu 23 %
- Niacin equivalents: 18mg 145 %
- Vitamin b6: 0.6mg 36 %
- Vitamin c: 3.5mg 5 %
- Folate: 171.6mcg 42 %
- Calcium: 566.5mg 55 %
- Iron: 4.0mg 24 %
- Magnesium: 80.3mg 28 %
- Potassium: 735.4mg 22 %
- Sodium: 1250.4mg 52 %
- Thiamin: 0.6mg 68 %
- Calories from fat: 302.5