Hello friends, welcome to Smooth Recipe. Today we are going to make Birria Recipe.
A blend of the spices and chiles simmered with the beef stew meat. This is a very delicious and served with the limes, cilantro, and onion as condiments and beans or Mexican rice as side dishes.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 3 hrs 15 minutes
Additional time: 5 minutes
Total time: 3 hrs 40 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
Ingredients for making Birria Recipe
- 5 dried Anaheim chile peppers, stemmed and seeded
- 5 guajillo of chile peppers, stemmed and seeded
- Water to cover
- ¼ onion
- 3 pounds of cubed beef stew meat
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon of mixed spices, or more as per your taste
- 1 tablespoon salt, or as per your taste
How to Make Birria Recipe
- First of all place the guajillo peppers and Anaheim in a saucepan & cover with the water; and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low flame and simmer until it tender for about 15-17 minutes. Remove the saucepan from heat and let it cool for 5-6 minutes.
- Now pour the chiles and water into the blender; add mixed spices, onion, and salt. Blend it until sauce is smooth.
- After that mix stew meat, sauce, and bay leaves in the large pot; cook over the medium-low heat flame until the meat is very tender, 3-5 hours.
- Aluminum foil helps to keep food moist, ensures it to cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean up easy.
Nutritional Information for Birria Recipe
- Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Calories: 155.7
- % Daily Value *
- Protein: 21.2g 43 %
- Carbohydrates: 2.5g 1 %
- Dietary fiber: 0.5g 2 %
- Fat: 6.5g 10 %
- Saturated fat: 2.2g 12 %
- Cholesterol: 58.8mg 20 %
- Vitamin a iu: 184.9iu 4 %
- Niacin equivalents: 5.5mg 42 %
- Vitamin b6: 0.4mg 24 %
- Vitamin c: 26.5mg 45 %
- Folate: 10.1mcg 3 %
- Calcium: 14.0mg 1 %
- Iron: 2.5mg 10 %
- Magnesium: 24.9mg 8 %
- Potassium: 322.5mg 8 %
- Sodium: 632.4mg 25 %
- Thiamin: 0.2mg 8 %