Boilermaker Tailgate Chili
Hello friends, welcome to Smooth Recipe. Today we are going to make Boilermaker Tailgate Chili.
This is a perfect chili recipe that gangs eats at football games, baseball games and other high pressure games.
I always prepare and cook this chili recipe the night before and then reheat next day. This recipe is a combination of much different tomato-based chili recipes. So friends, good luck and enjoy.
Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 2 hrs
Total time: 2 hrs 30 mins
Yield: 12 Servings
Ingredients for making Boilermaker Tailgate Chili
- 2 pounds of ground beef chuck
- 1 pound of bulk Italian sausage
- 3 (15 ounce) cans of chili beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can of chili beans in spicy sauce
- 2 (28 ounce) cans of diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (6 ounce) can of tomato paste
- 1 large chopped yellow onion
- 3 chopped stalks of celery
- 1 seeded and chopped green bell pepper
- 1 seeded and chopped red bell pepper
- 2 seeded and chopped green chile peppers
- 1 tablespoon of bacon bits
- 4 cubes of beef bouillon
- ½ cup of beer
- ¼ cup of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- One tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons of hot pepper sauce (example – Tabasco)
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- One teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- One teaspoon of white sugar
- 1 (10.5 ounce) bag of corn chips such as Fritos
- 1 (8 ounce) package of shredded Cheddar cheese
How to Make Boilermaker Tailgate Chili
- First of all, heat a large stock pot over the medium-high heat flame. Crumble the ground chuck & sausage into hot pan, and cook it until evenly browned in color. And then drain off excess grease.
- Now pour in chili beans, diced tomatoes, spicy chili beans & tomato paste. Add the celery, onion, green & red bell peppers, bacon bits, chili peppers, bouillon, and beer. And then season with the chili powder, garlic, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, basil, salt, hot pepper sauce, pepper, paprika, cayenne, and sugar.
- After that, stir to blend, then cover & simmer over the low flame heat for at least 120-140 minutes, stirring it occasionally.
- After the 120-140 minutes time, just taste, and adjust the pepper, salt, and chili powder if you find necessary. The longer time chili simmers, the better it will be in the taste. Remove from the heat & serve, or refrigerate, and serve it next day.
- In the end, to serve, ladle into the bowls, and top with the corn chips & shredded Cheddar cheese.
Nutritional Information for Boilermaker Tailgate Chili
- Servings per recipe: 12
- Calories: 594.8
- % daily value *
- Protein: 30.5g 62 %
- Carbohydrates: 55.0g 18 %
- Dietary fiber: 11.4g 46 %
- Fat: 30.0g 46 %
- Saturated fat: 10.5g 55 %
- Cholesterol: 67.7mg 23 %
- Vitamin a iu: 3264.9iu 66 %
- Niacin equivalents: 6.6mg 52 %
- Vitamin b6: 0.4mg 28 %
- Vitamin c: 57.5mg 98 %
- Folate: 28.7mcg 7 %
- Calcium: 310mg 31 %
- Iron: 8.0mg 45 %
- Magnesium: 58.1mg 21 %
- Potassium: 1105.4mg 31 %
- Sodium: 2090.5mg 84 %
- Thiamin: 0.4mg 28 %