Caramelized Butternut Squash Soup
Hello friends, welcome to Smooth Recipe. Today we are going to make Caramelized Butternut Squash Soup.
This soup is not just a butternut squash soup. Garnish with the fresh homemade croutons and bacon. A rich, and a pinch of honey makes I different from other squash soup.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Total time: 50 mins
Yield: 12 servings
Ingredients for Caramelized Butternut Squash Soup
- 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 pounds of butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 large sliced onion
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of freshly-cracked white pepper
- 4 cups of chicken broth, or more as much you needed
- ¼ cup of honey
- ½ cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 pinch or ground nutmeg, or more as per your taste
- Salt as per your taste
- Ground white pepper as per your taste
How to Make Caramelized Butternut Squash Soup
- First of all, heat the olive oil in a large pot over the high heat. Cook & stir squash in hot oil until it completely browned in color, for about 10-12 minutes.
- Now, stir onion, sea salt, butter, and cracked white pepper into the squash; cook & stir together until the onions completely tender and beginning to brown in color, about 10-12 minutes.
- After that pour chicken broth and honey over the mixture; bring them to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook at a simmer flame until the squash is tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Now pour the mixture into a blender not more than half full. Cover & hold lid in place; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in the batches until smooth.
- In the end, stir cream, salt, nutmeg, and ground white pepper into the soup to serve and enjoy.
Nutritional Information for Caramelized Butternut Squash Soup
- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories: 189.2
- % Daily Value *
- Protein: 2.9g 6 %
- Carbohydrates: 24.9g 8 %
- Exchange other carbs: 1.5
- Dietary fiber: 5.1g 20 %
- Sugars: 6.7g
- Fat: 10.3g 16 %
- Saturated fat: 4.6g 23 %
- Cholesterol: 22.9mg 8 %
- Vitamin a iu: 5919.5iu 118 %
- Niacin equivalents: 1.4mg 11 %
- Vitamin b6: 0.1mg 9 %
- Vitamin c: 7mg 12 %
- Folate: 30.4mcg 8 %
- Calcium: 44mg 4 %
- Iron: 6.3mg 35 %
- Magnesium: 24.8mg 9 %
- Potassium: 260.7mg 7 %
- Sodium: 788.4mg 32 %
- Thiamin: 0.1mg 9 %
- Calories from fat: 92.3
- Percent of calories from carbs: 49
- Percent of calories from fat: 45
- Percentage of calories from protein: 5
- Percent of calories from sat fat: 20
You can also search our article with below given keywords –
roasted butternut squash soup, simple butternut squash soup, how to prepare butternut squash for soup, butternut squash cumin soup, cold butternut squash soup, butternut squash apple cumin soup, vegan butternut squash soup, stovetop butternut squash soup recipes
Click on the below links to check our other recipes –
Cake Recipe | Asparagus Recipe | Burrito Recipe | Smoothie recipe | Tiramisu Recipe | Zucchini Recipe | Pasta Recipe | Pie Recipe | Shake Recipe | Casserole Recipe | Frittata Recipe | Strata Recipe | Spaghetti Recipe | Parmigiana Recipe | Biryani Recipe | Eggs Recipe | Quesadilla Recipe | Risotto Recipe