Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes with Ham
Hello friends, welcome to Smooth Recipe. Today we are going to make Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes with Ham.
This is a creamy sauce with a slight cheese flavor baked in with the ham and peas. Making this recipe is really easy and it is affordable for all.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hr 25 minutes
Total time: 1 hr 50 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Ingredients for Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes with Ham
- 4 cups of peeled and sliced potatoes
- 2 cups of diced ham
- ½ chopped onion
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons of butter
½ teaspoon of salt ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
⅛ teaspoon of garlic powder ⅛ teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
- ¼ pound of diced Cheddar cheese
- 1 pinch of paprika, or as per your taste
How to Make Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes with Ham
- First of all, preheat oven to the 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Now layer half the potatoes, half the onion, and half the ham, in 2-quart of baking dish; and repeat the layers.
- After that, heat milk, butter, peas, flour, salt, garlic powder, black pepper, and onion powder in the saucepan over the medium heat flame, stirring it constantly, until it thickened, 7- 10 minutes.
- Now stir the cheddar cheese into the sauce until cheese is melted.
- And pour sauce over the potato and ham mixture; sprinkle with the paprika.
- After that, cover baking dish with the aluminum foil.
- Now bake in the preheated oven until the potatoes are tender, for about 1 hour.
- In the end, remove foil and continue baking until it lightly browned in color, for about 15 minutes or more.
Nutritional Information for Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes with Ham
- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories: 335.3
- % Daily Value *
- Protein: 17.5g 35 %
- Carbohydrates: 31.2g 12 %
- Exchange other carbs: 4
- Dietary fiber: 3.8g 16 %
- Sugars: 6.4g
- Fat: 15.8g 25 %
- Saturated fat: 8.6g 43 %
- Cholesterol: 58.0mg 22 %
- Vitamin a iu: 1075.4iu 24 %
- Niacin equivalents: 6.5mg 55 %
- Vitamin b6: 0.6mg 36 %
- Vitamin c: 25mg 45 %
- Percent of calories from carbs: 35
- Percent of calories from fat: 42
- Folate: 45.2mcg 10 %
- Calcium: 255.5mg 25 %
- Iron: 3mg 12 %
- Magnesium: 53.0mg 20 %
- Potassium: 763.0mg 20 %
- Sodium: 915mg 35 %
- Thiamin: 0.6mg 48 %
- Calories from fat: 142.5
- Percent of calories from protein: 21
- Percent of calories from sat fat: 24