Chicken and Bacon Shish Kabobs
Hello friends, welcome to Smooth Recipe. Today we are going to make Chicken and Bacon Shish Kabobs.
Tangy marinated chicken and mushrooms, wrapped in bacon and skewered. Excellent for entertaining and trying something new! These are a must-try! (They can also be broiled instead of grilled, if you’re low on time.)
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Additional Time: 1 hr
Total Time: 1 hr 45 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Ingredients for Chicken and Bacon Shish Kabobs
- ¼ cup of cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- 10 large cut in half mushrooms
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- 2 green minced onions
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut them into chunks
- 1 (8 ounce) can of pineapple chunks, drained
- ½ pound of sliced thick cut bacon, cut it in half
How to Make Chicken and Bacon Shish Kabobs
- First of all, in a large bowl, mix the cider vinegar, honey, soy sauce, canola oil, and green onions. Place mushrooms & chicken into the mixture, and stir it to coat. Cover, and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Now Preheat grill for high flame heat.
- And then remove the mushrooms & chicken from the marinade & shake off excess. Now pour the marinade into the small saucepan & bring to the boil over the high heat.
- After that, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10-12 minutes and set aside.
- Now wrap the chicken chunks with the bacon, and thread onto the skewers so that the bacon is secured. Alternate with the pineapple chunks and mushroom halves.
- In the end, lightly oil the grill grate. Arrange the skewers on prepared grill. Cook for 15-20 minutes, brushing it occasionally with the remaining soy sauce mixture, until the bacon is crisp & chicken juices run clear.
Nutritional Information for Chicken and Bacon Shish Kabobs
- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories: 234.5
- % Daily Value *
- Protein: 18.5g 36 %
- Fat: 11.2g 16 %
- Saturated fat: 2.6g 13 %
- Carbohydrates: 14.2g 4 %
- Dietary fiber: 0.6g 3 %
- Iron: 1.6mg 8 %
- Cholesterol: 47.0mg 15 %
- Vitamin b6: 0.5mg 25 %
- Vitamin c: 5.2mg 8 %
- Magnesium: 30.0mg 12 %
- Vitamin a iu: 77.0iu 3 %
- Niacin equivalents: 13mg 90 %
- Folate: 14.5mcg 5 %
- Calcium: 20.4mg 3 %
- Potassium: 386.5mg 10 %
- Sodium: 918.3mg 36 %
- Thiamin: 0.3mg 18 %