Chicken Breasts with Herb Basting Sauce
Hello friends, welcome to Smooth Recipe. Today we are going to make Chicken Breasts with Herb Basting Sauce.
These Chicken breasts basted with a medley of the herbs. This recipe can also be made with skinless or boneless meat.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hr
Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients for Chicken Breasts with Herb Basting Sauce
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon of hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon of minced onion
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon of dried rosemary, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon of ground sage
- 4 bone-in chicken of breast halves, with skin
- ¼ teaspoon of dried marjoram
- ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
How to Make Chicken Breasts with Herb Basting Sauce
- First of all, preheat oven to the 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Now, in a bowl, prepare basting sauce by combining the onion, thyme, rosemary, garlic, sage, salt, marjoram, pepper, olive oil, and hot pepper sauce.
- After that, turn the chicken breasts in the sauce to coat thoroughly. Place the skin side up in the shallow baking dish an cover it.
- In the end, roast it at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C), basting it occasionally with the pan drippings, for about 35- 45 minutes. And then remove to the warm platter, spoon pan juices over, and sprinkle with the fresh parsley.
Nutritional Information for Chicken Breasts with Herb Basting Sauce
- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories: 390.5
- % Daily Value *
- Dietary fiber: 0.6g 3 %
- Fat: 21.6g 32 %
- Protein: 45.0g 92 %
- Carbohydrates: 1.0g
- Potassium: 390.7mg 10 %
- Sodium: 400.0mg 15 %
- Saturated fat: 4.6g 22 %
- Niacin equivalents: 26.8mg 212 %
- Cholesterol: 126.4mg 40 %
- Vitamin a iu: 285.0iu 5 %
- Vitamin b6: 0.8mg 48 %
- Calcium: 36.2mg 6 %
- Iron: 2.8mg 14 %
- Vitamin c: 2.5mg 5 %
- Folate: 10.2mcg 2 %
- Magnesium: 43.5mg 15 %
- Thiamin: 0.2mg 20 %