Chocolate Pound Cake Recipe
Hello friends, welcome to Smooth Recipe. Today we are going to make chocolate pound cake.
This is a rich and buttery chocolate pound cake with mild chocolate flavor. This cake is having fine crumbs and a dense texture. Flavor of this chocolate pound cake comes from the unsweetened cocoa powder.
This Chocolate Pound Cake is a rich, moist, and surely will melt-in-your-mouth delicious! This cake has the best homemade chocolate cake recipe. So friends, without wasting any time, let’s start making it.
Ingredients for Chocolate Pound Cake
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups of flour
- 2-1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup of shortening
- 2/3 cup of butter or margarine
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Dash of salt
Ingredients for Drizzle
- 2/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup of agave nectar
- 1/4 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to the 325 F.
- Spray a tube pan with the cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, shortening, and sugar & blend until it become creamy.
- Add the eggs, beating them properly after you add each egg.
- Add the vanilla and mix it well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix all of them well.
- Alternately add the flour mixture and milk to the sugar and butter mixture. Mix them well.
- Pour the batter into your cake pan and bake it in 325 F oven for approximately 75 minutes to 80 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow cooling in the pan for 15-20 minutes before turning it out onto a wire rack. When it cool, transfer the cake into a cake platter.
Directions for Drizzle
- Combine powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and gave in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add chocolate chips and stir them until they are melted.
- Allow the chocolate to cool for approximately 5 minutes to 10 minutes. It will thicken slightly.
- Drizzle some chocolate sauce over the top of the cake. It will ooze down the sides and puddle at the base.
You can also search us with below given keywords –
homemade chocolate pound cake recipes, loaf chocolate pound cake recipe, southern chocolate-pound cake recipe, super moist chocolate pound cake recipe, chocolate pound cake with buttermilk, best southern chocolate-pound cake recipe, chocolate pound cake recipe old fashioned, dark chocolate-pound cake
Asparagus Recipe | Soup Recipe | Burrito Recipe | Smoothie recipe | Tiramisu Recipe | Zucchini Recipe | Pasta Recipe | Pie Recipe | Shake Recipe | Casserole Recipe | Frittata Recipe | Strata Recipe | Spaghetti Recipe | Parmigiana Recipe | Biryani Recipe | Eggs Recipe | Quesadilla Recipe | Risotto Recipe