Cream of Pumpkin Soup
Hello friends, welcome to Smooth Recipe. Today we are going to make Cream of Pumpkin Soup.
This is a perfect creamy pumpkin soup for autumn. This soup is delicious, smooth and flavorful, and the addition of the ginger lends a sweet and spicy flavor to this traditional seasonal dish. The cinnamon croutons make the soup reminiscent of pumpkin pie.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Total time: 50 mins
Yield: 6 servings
Ingredients for Making Cream of Pumpkin Soup
- 3 tablespoons of softened butter
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 4 slices of whole wheat bread
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Roast pumpkin soup
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
How to Make Cream of Pumpkin Soup
- First of all, preheat oven to the 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). To make the croutons, brown sugar, combine softened butter, and cinnamon. Spread the butter mixture evenly over one side of each of the bread slice.
- And then place bread, buttered side on upside, on a baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes, or until the bread is crisp and topping is bubbly. Now cut each slice of bread into 8 small squares or triangles.
- After that saute onion in butter in a medium saucepan until it tender. Add 1 can of chicken broth; stir it well. Bring to a boil; cover it, reduce heat, and simmer for 15-18 minutes.
- Now transfer broth mixture into the container of a blender or processor. Process it until smooth.
- Now return the mixture to saucepan. Add the remaining can of broth, ground cinnamon, salt, ground ginger, pumpkin, and ground pepper; stir them well.
- After that bring to a boil; cover it, reduce heat, and simmer 10-12 minutes more, stirring it occasionally.
- In the end, stir in whipping cream and heat through. Do not boil. Ladle them into individual soup bowls. Top each of the serving with Cinnamon Croutons.
Nutritional Information for Cream of Pumpkin Soup
- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories: 320.5
- % Daily Value *
- Protein: 5.0g 10 %
- Carbohydrates: 20.0g 7 %
- Exchange other carbs: 1.6
- Dietary fiber: 3.8g 16 %
- Sugars: 7.2g
- Fat: 25.2g 39 %
- Saturated fat: 15.4g 75 %
- Cholesterol: 82.5mg 28 %
- Vitamin a iu: 11935.4iu 238 %
- Niacin equivalents: 1.5mg 15 %
- Vitamin b6: 0.2mg 8 %
- Vitamin c: 5.0mg 9 %
- Folate: 24mcg 6 %
- Calcium: 77.5mg 8 %
- Iron: 1.6mg 8 %
- Magnesium: 35mg 15 %
- Potassium: 269.5mg 8 %
- Sodium: 1310mg 53 %
- Thiamin: 0.2mg 10 %
- Calories from fat: 228
- Percent of calories from carbs: 25
- Percent of calories from fat: 70
- Percentage of calories from protein: 7
- Percent of calories from sat fat: 44
You can also search us with below given keywords –
cream of pumpkin soup with fresh pumpkin, cream of pumpkin soup vegan, cream of pumpkin soup with coconut milk, jamaican cream of pumpkin soup recipe, pumpkin soup without cream,
best pumpkin soup recipe masterchef, cream of pumpkin and carrot soup, healthy pumpkin soup recipe
Click on the below links to check our other recipes –
Soup Recipe | Cake Recipe | Asparagus Recipe | Burrito Recipe | Smoothie recipe | Tiramisu Recipe | Zucchini Recipe | Pasta Recipe | Pie Recipe | Shake Recipe | Casserole Recipe | Frittata Recipe | Strata Recipe | Spaghetti Recipe | Parmigiana Recipe | Biryani Recipe | Eggs Recipe | Quesadilla Recipe | Risotto Recipe