Crispy Keto Fried Chicken in the Air Fryer
This is a keto-friendly fried chicken that is so delicious in taste, and you may not even realize it is not the real deal. Cooking this recipe in an air-fryer also speeds up the time of cooking.
This crispy recipe is for the boneless chicken. Bone in the chicken pieces will result in a longer cooking time. I personally use microplane to grate my Parmesan. Serve this food with your favorite sides.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 17 minutes
Additional time: 30 minutes
Total time: 57 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Ingredients for making Crispy Keto Fried Chicken in the Air Fryer
- ½ cup of whole-milk plain kefir
- 1 tablespoon of hot sauce
- 1 ½ pounds of chicken tenders
- 2 (3.25 ounce) packages of crushed pork rinds
- 3 ounces of finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ teaspoons of garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon of cantanzaro herbs or Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon of sweet smoked paprika
How to Make Crispy Keto Fried Chicken in the Air Fryer
- First of all, combine the kefir and the hot sauce in the shallow bowl. Add chicken tenders & marinate for 25-30 minutes to 1 hour, or for longer time if preferred.
- Now pour the crushed pork rinds into the resealable shallow container. Mix well in the Parmesan cheese, cantanzaro herbs, garlic powder, and paprika.
- And then, preheat the air fryer to the 390 degrees F (200 degrees C), for about 3-4 minutes.
- Now drain chicken from the kefir mixture & dredge through pork rind mixture.
- In the end, air fry in preheated fryer for a total of 15-17 minutes, turning the chicken at halfway point.
Nutritional Information for Crispy Keto Fried Chicken in the Air Fryer
- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories: 376.1
- % Daily Value *
- Protein: 47.5g 95 %
- Carbohydrates: 2.4g 1 %
- Dietary fiber: 0.3g 1 %
- Fat: 20.0g 30 %
- Saturated fat: 7.3g 36 %
- Cholesterol: 120.0mg 40 %
- Vitamin a iu: 194.6iu 5 %
- Niacin equivalents: 16.0mg 120 %
- Vitamin b6: 0.6mg 30 %
- Vitamin c: 2.2mg 4 %
- Folate: 5.2mcg 1 %
- Calcium: 170.6mg 17 %
- Iron: 1.2mg 6 %
- Magnesium: 30.5mg 11 %
- Potassium: 260mg 7 %
- Sodium: 563.2mg 23 %
- Thiamin: 0.2mg 8 %