Ground Beef Casserole
Hello friends, welcome to Smooth Recipe. Today we are going to make Ground Beef Casserole.
I have tweaked the amount of the cheese and sour cream depending on what I have got in the fridge and it always turns out a great deal!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 55 minutes
Total time: 1 hr 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Ingredients for Ground Beef Casserole
- 1 pound of ground beef
- One teaspoon of white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Two 15 ounce cans of tomato sauce
- One 8 ounce package of egg noodles
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- One 3 ounce package cream cheese
- 1 large diced white onion
- ½ cup of shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, or more to taste
How to Make Ground Beef Casserole
- First of all, heat a large skillet over the medium-high heat flame. Cook & stir beef in the hot skillet until it browned and crumbly, for 5-7 minutes; drain & discard the grease.
- Now mix salt, sugar, garlic salt and tomato sauce into the ground beef; simmer it until flavors blend, about 20-22 minutes. And then remove from the heat, cover skillet, and cool it down to the room temperature.
- After that, bring a large pot of the lightly salted water to the boil. Cook the egg noodles in boiling water, stirring them occasionally until they cooked through but firm to the bite, about 5-7 minutes. And then drain and cool them slightly.
- Now preheat oven to the 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inches casserole dish.
- Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, and onion in the bowl.
- Now scoop half of the noodles into prepared casserole dish; top with half the sour cream mixture. Spoon half of the ground beef mixture atop sour cream layer. Repeat the layering with the remaining ingredients. Top casserole with the Cheddar cheese.
- In the end, bake in the preheated oven until the cheddar cheese has browned in color, for 25-30 minutes.
Nutritional Information for Grandma’s Ground Beef Casserole
- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories: 519.2
- % Daily Value *
- protein: 24.5g 49 %
- carbohydrates: 39.4g 13 %
- dietary fiber: 3.6g 15 %
- sugars: 8.2g
- fat: 29.8g 46 %
- saturated fat: 15.2g 76 %
- cholesterol: 120.1mg 40 %
- vitamin a iu: 1044.3IU 21 %
- niacin equivalents: 11.9mg 92 %
- vitamin b6: 0.4mg 26 %
- vitamin c: 12mg 20 %
- folate: 118.5mcg 30 %
- calcium: 167.2mg 17 %
- iron: 4.5mg 25 %
- magnesium: 65mg 23 %
- potassium: 830.5mg 23 %
- sodium: 1596.6mg 64 %
- thiamin: 0.5mg 52 %
- calories from fat: 268.2