Homemade Mac and Cheese
Hello friends, welcome to Smooth Recipe. Today we are going to make Homemade Mac and Cheese.
Friends, this is really nice rich mac and cheese recipe. Serve with your choice of salad for a great meatless vegan dinner. I am sure you will enjoy it.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients for Homemade Mac and Cheese
- 8 ounces of uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups of shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups of milk
- ¼ cup of butter
- 2 ½ tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- ½ cup of bread crumbs
- 1 pinch of paprika
How to Make Homemade Mac and Cheese
- First of all, cook the macaroni according to the directions written on the packet and then drain the extra water.
- Now, in a saucepan, melt the butter or margarine over the medium heat. Stir in the enough flour to make a roux. After that, add milk to roux slowly, stirring it constantly.
- After that, stir in cheeses, and cook over the low heat flame until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bit thick. Put the macaroni in the large casserole dish, and pour the sauce over the macaroni. Stir it well.
- Now melt the butter or margarine in a skillet over the medium heat flame. Add brown and breadcrumbs. Spread over the cheese and macaroni to cover. Sprinkle with small amount of paprika.
- In the end, bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for around 30 minutes and then serve.
Nutritional Information for Homemade Mac and Cheese
- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories: 848.2
- % Daily Value *
- Dietary fiber: 3.2g 12 %
- Fat: 45.7g 70 %
- Protein: 35.7g 74 %
- Carbohydrates: 65.7g 20 %
- Saturated fat: 29.8g 152 %
- Niacin equivalents: 10.5mg 85 %
- Vitamin b6: 0.3mg 15 %
- Cholesterol: 140.6mg 48 %
- Vitamin a iu: 1735iu 32 %
- Magnesium: 75.2mg 25 %
- Potassium: 455.8mg 13 %
- Vitamin c: 0.4mg 1 %
- Iron: 3.4mg 17 %
- Sodium: 878.3mg 38 %
- Folate: 148mcg 36 %
- Calcium: 862.1mg 85 %
- Thiamin: 0.4mg 50 %