Hot and Sour Chicken Soup
Hello friends, welcome to Smooth Recipe. Today we are going to make Hot and Sour Chicken Soup.
This soup is very good and very easy to make. This is a perfect Asian soup. From children to older age peoples can’t quiet after taking it once.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients for Making Hot and Sour Chicken Soup
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- ½ cup of water
- 2 cups of sliced fresh mushrooms
- ½ cup of drained sliced bamboo shoots
- 3 slices of fresh ginger root
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 pound of skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 2 medium (4-1/8″ long)s of chopped green onions
- ¼ cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 beaten egg
How to Make Hot and Sour Chicken Soup
- First of all, in a saucepan, combine the chicken broth, mushrooms, garlic, bamboo shoots, ginger, soy sauce, water, and hot pepper flakes.
- And then bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low flame, cover and simmer and then you can assemble the rest of the ingredients.
- After that, place the chicken slices into the bowl and toss with the sesame oil to coat. Now in a separate bowl, stir the cornstarch and vinegar together, and set aside.
- Now increase the heat under the broth to medium-high flame, and return to a rolling boil. And then add the chicken slices.
- After that return to a boil, and then drizzle in the egg while stirring slowly to create the long strands of egg. Stir in the cornstarch and vinegar.
- In the end, simmer over the medium heat, stirring them occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the broth has thickened slightly, about 3-4 minutes. Serve it garnished with cilantro and green onions.
Nutritional Information for Hot and Sour Chicken Soup
- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories: 216.5
- % Daily Value *
- Protein: 26.4g 54 %
- Carbohydrates: 9.0g 3 %
- Exchange other carbs: 0.6
- Dietary fiber: 1.0g 5 %
- Sugars: 2.5g
- Fat: 7.6g 12 %
- Saturated fat: 1.4g 7 %
- Cholesterol: 105.6mg 37 %
- Vitamin a iu: 422.4iu 9 %
- Niacin equivalents: 13.5mg 102 %
- Vitamin b6: 0.5mg 25 %
- Vitamin c: 4.4mg 7 %
- Folate: 23.5mcg 6 %
- Calcium: 31.0mg 3 %
- Iron: 1.6mg 8 %
- Magnesium: 29.5mg 11 %
- Potassium: 394.0mg 11 %
- Sodium: 1095.0mg 44 %
- Thiamin: 0.2mg 10 %
- Calories from fat: 69.5
- Percent of calories from carbs: 18
- Percent of calories from fat: 30
- Percentage of calories from protein: 48
- Percent of calories from sat fat: 5
You can also search us with below given keywords –
hot and sour soup, hot and sour chicken soup calories, hot and sour chicken soup hebbars kitchen, hot and sour chicken soup for cold, hot and sour chicken soup description, chicken hot and sour soup benefits, hot and sour chicken soup by sanjeev kapoor
Click on the below links to check our other recipes –
Soup Recipe | Cake Recipe | Asparagus Recipe | Burrito Recipe | Smoothie recipe | Tiramisu Recipe | Zucchini Recipe | Pasta Recipe | Pie Recipe | Shake Recipe | Casserole Recipe | Frittata Recipe | Strata Recipe | Spaghetti Recipe | Parmigiana Recipe | Biryani Recipe | Eggs Recipe | Quesadilla Recipe | Risotto Recipe