Hungarian Mushroom Soup
Hello friends, welcome to Smooth Recipe. Today we are going to make a very delicious Hungarian Mushroom Soup.
This is a warm filling soup which is a wonderful cool weather lunch or dinner drink (soup) and is especially great with the side of multi-grain bread! I personally load up on thickly cut mushrooms and use the traditional Hungarian Sweet Paprika in this soup.
Umm! I also definitely use the tomatoes and pepper. It gives this soup a totally different flavor. You may can serve this soup immediately or refrigerate and reheat before serve. I find that this soup just as good if not better the next day. Try to use a ripe tomato.
Also, if you cannot find a Hungarian wax pepper, then try another mild chili pepper and just use a smaller piece in the soup.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 35 mins
Total time: 50 mins
Yield: 6 servings
Ingredients for Hungarian Mushroom Soup
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 ½ pounds of fresh thickly sliced mushrooms
- 4 ½ teaspoons of chopped fresh dill
- 2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup of skim milk
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- ½ ripe tomato
- 2 cups of chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon of Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- ½ Hungarian wax pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Ground black pepper as per your taste
- ½ cup light sour cream
How to Make Hungarian Mushroom Soup
- First of all melt the butter in the large pot over medium heat. And then cook and stir the onions in the butter until it fragrant, for about 5 minutes. After that add the mushrooms and continue cooking it until the mushrooms are tender, about 4-5 minutes more.
- Stir the paprika, soy sauce, dill, and chicken broth into the mushroom mixture; and reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- After that whisk the milk & flour together in the small bowl. And stir the mixture into the soup. Add the Hungarian wax pepper and tomato. Now return cover to the pot and simmer another 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Now season with salt and pepper. After that mix the sour cream into the soup & continue cooking & stirring until the soup has thickened, 5-10 minutes more.
- After that remove the Hungarian wax pepper & tomato & discard before serving the soup.
Nutritional Information for Hungarian Mushroom Soup
- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories: 143.6
- % Daily Value *
- Sugars: 6.8g
- Fat: 7g 10 %
- Saturated fat: 4.2g 20 %
- Cholesterol: 18.8mg 6 %
- Vitamin a iu: 1020.6IU 20 %
- Protein: 7g 14 %
- Carbohydrates: 16.4g 5 %
- Exchange other carbs: 1
- Dietary fiber: 2.7g 11 %
- Niacin equivalents: 6.2mg 47 %
- Calcium: 95.5mg 10 %
- Iron: 1.4mg 7 %
- Magnesium: 28.4mg 10 %
- Potassium: 605.6mg 17 %
- Sodium: 573.0mg 23 %
- Vitamin b6: 0.4mg 17 %
- Vitamin c: 11.5mg 19 %
- Folate: 45.4mcg 11 %
- Thiamin: 0.3mg 30 %
- Calories from fat: 61.7
- Percent of calories from carbs: 40
- Percentage of calories from sat fat: 22
- Percent of calories from fat: 42
- Percentage of calories from protein: 16
You can also search our article with below given keywords –
moosewood hungarian mushroom soup, rustic hungarian mushroom soup, hungarian mushroom soup vegan, hungarian mushroom soup history, backstreet bistro hungarian mushroom soup recipe, hungarian mushroom soup keto, hungarian mushroom soup name, hungarian mushroom soup calories
Click on the below links to check our other recipes –
Cake Recipe | Asparagus Recipe | Burrito Recipe | Smoothie recipe | Tiramisu Recipe | Zucchini Recipe | Pasta Recipe | Pie Recipe | Shake Recipe | Casserole Recipe | Frittata Recipe | Strata Recipe | Spaghetti Recipe | Parmigiana Recipe | Biryani Recipe | Eggs Recipe | Quesadilla Recipe | Risotto Recipe