Italian Lasagna with Béchamel sauce
Hello friends, welcome to Smooth Recipe. Today we are going to make Italian Lasagna with Béchamel sauce.
Lasagna is a famous Italian dish because it is a combination of the sweetness of minced meat, the aroma of grilled vegetables, and the creamy of a fatty sauce from cheese and fresh milk. This will be a good suggestion if you want to have a delicious meal with full of energy.
Italy is quite famous for its noodles and Italian lasagna is one of them. There are quite a few different ways to prepare Italian lasagna, because it depend on the preferences and tastes. In this post, Smooth Recipe will show you how to make the original Italian lasagna with Béchamel sauce.
- Preparation time : 15 mins
- Cooking time : 45 mins
- Total time : 60 mins
- Servings : 4
- Yield : 4 servings
Ingredients for Italian Lasagna with Béchamel sauce
- Minced beef 700 gr
- Ricotta cheese 450 gr
- Mozzarella Cheese 450 gr
- Parmesan cheese 20 gr (spray on top)
- 1 Egg
- Minced onion 2 teaspoons
- Minced garlic 2 teaspoons
- Tomato 400 gr
- Tomato sauce 800 gr
- Concentrated tomato sauce 170 gr
- Lasagna leaves 12 g
- Olive oil 2 tablespoons
How to make Italian Lasagna with Béchamel sauce
The process will be divided into 3 parts: making tomato sauce with minced meat, making béchamel sauce, and baking.
- First, stir-fry all the carrots and onions with the heated oil, then add the bacon in
- When the bacon become crispy, continue to add ground meat in and stir-fry together
- Then, add tomato sauce in until the sauce thickens, then turn off the cooker.
- After that, add some dried parsley leaves and oregano leaves, then stir quickly and continuously, it will be more fragrant and has a beautiful color
- Melt unsalted butter in a hot pot (or deep pan)
- When the butter has melted, add the flour and stir until it become a smooth paste (called roux)
- Slowly pour roux into unsweetened fresh milk, and stirring gently
- Seasoning with a little salt, and white pepper
- Soak the lasagna leaves in hot water for about 20 minutes, then let it dry
- Arrange each leaf on the bottom of the cake mold (square)
- Then, pour the meat and tomato sauce to cover the layers of noodle leaf, followed by the béchamel sauce layer and finally topping with cheese
If you feel each layer is too thick, you can layer it into 6 layers: noodles – tomato sauce – béchamel sauce – noodles – tomato sauce – béchamel sauce and topping with cheese
- Put the cake in the oven, bake at 200 degrees Celsius for about 30 minutes.
- Take the lasagna out of the oven, cut it into bite-sized pieces and serve on a plate
Note: Wait about 10 minutes before eating will allow the cheese to thicken slightly so that the layers don’t separate when you eat the lasagna.
Serving Size: 1 piece (1/6 of 8″ square, approx. 2-1/2″ x 4″)
Total Fat (12.38g): 16%
Saturated Fat (6.384g) 32%
Polyunsaturated Fat (0.688g)
Monounsaturated Fat (4.038g)
Cholesterol (49mg): 16%
Sodium (744mg): 32%
Total Carbohydrate (35.43g): 13%
Dietary Fiber (2.7g) 10%
Vitamin D –
Calcium (247mg) 19%
Iron (2.86mg) 16%
Potassium (391mg) 8%
Vitamin A (74mg) 8%
Vitamin C (7.2mg) 8%