Juicy Roasted Chicken
Hello friends, welcome to Smooth Recipe. Today we are going to make
This is my mother’s recipe for the roasted chicken. We are from Europe and she used to make it this way all the time whenever we want to eat this food.
I never have had a toasted chicken this juicy before; there is a little trick works & makes the people eating it silently. Isn’t it funny?
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Additional time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Ingredients for making Juicy Roasted Chicken
- 1 (3 pound) of giblets removed whole chicken
- Salt and black pepper as per your taste
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder, or as per your taste
- ½ cup divided margarine
- 1 leaves removed stalk celery
How to Make Juicy Roasted Chicken
- First of all, preheat oven to the 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Now place the chicken in the roasting pan, and season it generously inside and out with the salt & pepper. Sprinkle it inside and out with the onion powder. Place 3 tablespoons of margarine in chicken cavity.
- After that, arrange the dollops of the remaining margarine around chicken’s exterior. And cut the celery into 3-4 pieces, and place in chicken cavity.
- Now bake the uncovered for 1 hour and 20 minutes in preheated oven, to a minimum internal temperature of the 180 degrees F (82 degrees C). Remove from the heat, and baste with the melted drippings and margarine.
- In the end, cover with the aluminum foil, and allow resting for about 30-35 minutes before serving it.
Nutritional Information for Juicy Roasted Chicken
- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories: 422.1
- % Daily Value *
- Protein: 30.8g 62 %
- Carbohydrates: 1.4g
- Dietary fiber: 0.3g 1 %
- Fat: 32.2g 49 %
- Saturated fat: 7.2g 37 %
- Cholesterol: 95mg 32 %
- Vitamin a iu: 798.5iu 16 %
- Niacin equivalents: 9.5mg 75 %
- Vitamin b6: 0.6mg 30 %
- Vitamin c: 0.5mg 1 %
- Folate: 10.5mcg 3 %
- Calcium: 25.7mg 3 %
- Iron: 1.8mg 9 %
- Magnesium: 28.0mg 10 %
- Potassium: 305.8mg 9 %
- Sodium: 660.9mg 27 %
- Thiamin: 0.2mg 8 %