Hello friends, welcome to Smooth Recipe. Today we are going to make Lentil Bolognese.
This is a delicious vegetarian sauce for the pasta, so tasty, and also as nice as a meat Bolognese. It can also be served with the potatoes.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 32 minutes
Total Time: 52 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients for Lentil Bolognese
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil, or to taste
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½ thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 carrot, cut into small cubes
- ½ cup of thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 (14 ounce) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- One (15 ounce) can of green lentils, drained
- 1 teaspoon of ground paprika, or more to taste
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano, or more to taste
- ½ cup of red wine
- 1 teaspoon of mixed dried herbs, or to taste
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg
Directions for making Lentil Bolognese
- First of all, heat olive oil in the large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir the onion and garlic until it soft, for about 4-5 minutes. Stir in the red bell pepper and carrot; cook for 4- 5 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until it softened, for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the wine into the pot; simmer it until slightly reduced, about 1 minute. Stir in the diced tomatoes and vegetable broth. Bring the sauce to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer until flavors combine, 10- 15 minutes.
- Stir in the lentils, paprika, basil, dried herbs, oregano, and nutmeg; cook until the lentils are heated through, for about 5 minutes.
Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake
- Substitute the white wine for the red wine if preferred.
- You can also use 3-4 ounces of dried green or lentils for this recipe. Rinse them well, put into the saucepan, and cover with the cold water.
- Bring to the boil; reduce the heat and simmer uncovered until it tender, about 30-35 minutes. Drain and then use in the recipe.
Nutritional Information for Lentil Bolognese
- Servings per recipe: 4
- Calories: 201.8
- % daily value *
- Protein: 8g 16 %
- Carbohydrates: 24g 8 %
- Dietary fiber: 10.4g 44 %
- Sugars: 8.5g
- Fat: 4.0g 8 %
- Saturated fat: 0.8g 4 %
- Vitamin a iu: 1912.8iu 36 %
- Niacin equivalents: 1mg 9 %
- Vitamin b6: 0.4mg 10 %
- Vitamin c: 30mg 52 %
- Folate: 22.4mcg 5 %
- Calcium: 75mg 9 %
- Iron: 3.5mg 15 %
- Magnesium: 15.6mg 5 %
- Potassium: 343.1mg 12 %
- Sodium: 398.5mg 15 %
- Thiamin: 0.1mg 5 %
- calories from fat: 34