Hello friends, welcome to Smooth Recipe. Today we are going to make Mexican Casserole.
This is a very easy and very tasty dish. I often substitute the ground turkey & low fat dairy products & it is still delicious as before! You can also serve with the chips, salsa and green salad.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Ingredients for making Mexican Casserole
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 2 cups of salsa
- 1 (16 ounce) can of drained chili beans
- 3 cups of crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups of sour cream
- 1 (2 ounce) can of sliced black olives, drained
- ½ cup of chopped green onion
- ½ cup of chopped fresh tomato
- 2 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese
How to Make Mexican Casserole
- First of all, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- And then in a large skillet over the medium-high heat flame, cook the ground beef until it no longer pink in color. Stir in salsa, reduce the heat, and put on simmer for 20 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed. Stir in the beans, and heat through.
- Now spray the 9×13 baking dish with the cooking spray. Spread the crushed tortilla chips in dish, and then spoon the beef mixture over the chips. Spread sour cream over the beef, and sprinkle the olives, green onion, and tomato over the sour cream. Top with the Cheddar cheese.
- In the end, bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until it hot and bubbly.
Nutritional Information for Easy Mexican Casserole
- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories: 630.5
- % Daily Value *
- Protein: 31.3g 60 %
- Carbohydrates: 30.8g 10 %
- Exchange other carbs: 3
- Dietary fiber: 6.5g 25 %
- Sugars: 8g
- Fat: 43.5g 65 %
- Saturated fat: 22.2g 112 %
- Cholesterol: 118.2mg 42 %
- Vitamin a iu: 1544iu 30 %
- Niacin equivalents: 8.2mg 63 %
- Vitamin b6: 0.5mg 25 %
- Vitamin c: 7mg 14 %
- Folate: 33.5mcg 9 %
- Calcium: 450.5mg 44 %
- Iron: 3.6mg 18 %
- Magnesium: 64.5mg 24 %
- Potassium: 924.5mg 28 %
- Sodium: 1305.3mg 51 %
- Thiamin: 0.2mg 12 %
- Calories from fat: 392.3
- Percent of calories from carbs: 22
- Percent of calories from fat: 62
- Percentage of calories from protein: 18
- Percent of calories from sat fat: 30