Mexican Chicken Pozole Recipe
Hello friends, welcome to Smooth Recipe. Today we are going to make Mexican Chicken Pozole.
Mexican Chicken Pozole is a popular Mexican holiday food, this chicken pozole is a delicious soup which is made with mild spices, dries herbs and healthy chicken broth.
Pozole is also called posole, is an integral part of the Mexican festivities. The Mexican Chicken Pozole Recipe is extremely easy to cook and is perfect to make on the nights of winter for a cozy meal to warm up the body, mind and soul.
To add more zest and taste, the pozole can be flavored with radishes, shredded cabbage, avocado, and lime pieces, but the following recipe is a simple Mexican chicken pozole sans the veggies but high on delicious chicken and seasoning. You can tweak your version according to your taste buds as well.
Preparation for Chicken Pozole Recipe
- Course – Main Dish
- Preparation Time- 10 minutes
- Cooking Time- 150 minutes
Ingredients for Chicken Pozole Recipe
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 quarts chicken broth
- 3 cups Water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons of Salt
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 10 Tostada shells
- 3 cups white hominy rinsed and drained
Instructions for Chicken Pozole Recipe
- Now start with heat the 2 tablespoons oil in a deep skillet over medium-high flame.
- And then add chicken breasts, and cook until it no longer pink and juices run clear, about 20-22 minutes. Then remove it from skillet, drain, and let it cool. When it completely cooled, shred the chicken with a fork.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in the same skillet over medium-high flame.
- Now cook and stir garlic and onion until it turn soft and transparent, about 5-6 minutes. Return shredded chicken to the skillet.
- And then stir in the chicken broth, oregano, salt, water, and chili powder.
- Now reduce heat to low, cover, and cook about 85-90 minutes. Stir in the hominy and cook until in tender, about 15-17 minutes more. Add more salt and chili powder, as per your taste.
- Your Mexican Chicken Pozole Recipe is ready and now garnish and serve in soup bowls with 1 tostada shell per serving.