Mexican Style Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Hello friends, welcome to Smooth Recipe. Today we are going to make Mexican Style Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Breasts.
Spices and Vegetables are rolled up in the chicken breasts & air fried for the quick and easy dinner perfect for a busy and hectic weeknight. Just over 10-12 minutes in the air fryer gives you the juicy, tender chicken breasts filled with the spicy veggies. Serve with the fresh tortillas and pico de gallo.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
Ingredients for making Mexican Style Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 teaspoons of divided chili powder
- 4 teaspoons of divided ground cumin
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons of chipotle flakes
- 2 teaspoons of Mexican oregano
- Salt and ground black pepper as per your taste
- ½ sliced into the thin strips red bell pepper
- ½ sliced into the thin strips onion
- 1 fresh sliced into the thin strips jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons of the corn oil
- ½ juiced lime
- 4 extra-long toothpicks
How to Make Mexican Style Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- First of all, place the toothpicks in the small bowl and cover it with water; and then let them soak to keep them from the burning while cooking.
- Now mix 2 teaspoons of chili powder and 2 teaspoons of cumin’s in a shallow dish.
- And then preheat an air fryer to the 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- After that, place the chicken breast on a flat work surface. Slice it horizontally throughout the middle. Pound each of the half using the kitchen mallet or rolling pin until about the 1/4-inch thick.
- Now sprinkle each of the breast half equally with the remaining chili powder, remaining cumin’s, oregano, salt, chipotle flakes and pepper. Place half the onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno in the center of the 1 breast half.
- After that roll the chicken from the tapered end upward & use two toothpicks to secure. Repeat same with the other breast, spices, and vegetables & secure with the remaining toothpicks. Roll each roll-up in chili-cumin mixture in shallow dish while drizzling with the olive oil until evenly covered.
- Now place the roll-ups in the air-fryer basket with toothpick side facing up. Set timer for 5-6 minutes.
- In the end, turn roll-ups over. Continue cooking in air fryer until juices run clear & an instant-read thermometer inserted into center reads at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 5-6 minutes more.
- Drizzle the lime juice evenly on roll-ups before serving it.
Nutritional Information for Mexican-Style Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Calories: 184.3
- % Daily Value *
- Protein: 14.6g 30 %
- Carbohydrates: 15.5g 5 %
- Dietary fiber: 5.6g 22 %
- Fat: 8.6g 13 %
- Saturated fat: 1.4g 7 %
- Cholesterol: 32.1mg 11 %
- Vitamin a iu: 3992.3iu 80 %
- Niacin equivalents: 8mg 64 %
- Vitamin b6: 0.6mg 42 %
- Vitamin c: 52.4mg 88 %
- Folate: 38.5mcg 10 %
- Calcium: 98.2mg 10 %
- Iron: 4.5mg 25 %
- Magnesium: 50.5mg 18 %
- Potassium: 498.4mg 14 %
- Sodium: 172.8mg 7 %
- Thiamin: 0.2mg 12 %