Orecchiette Pasta with Margherita Genoa Salami
Hello friends, welcome to Smooth recipe. Today we are going to make Orecchiette Pasta with Margherita Genoa Salami.
Thin-sliced strips of the Margherita Genoa salami, baby spinach, roasted garlic, and fresh basil create an unforgettable and marvelous orecchiette pasta dish.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients for making Orecchiette Pasta with Margherita Genoa Salami
- ¼ cup of garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 16 ounces of dry orecchiette pasta (or penne pasta)
- 2 large red bell peppers, roasted, skinned, cored, and cut into strips
- 8 ounces of fresh baby spinach
- ¼ pound of Margherita Genoa Salami, sliced thin, julienned
- ¼ cup of toasted pine nuts (Optional)
- 2 leaves of fresh basil, julienned
- ¼ cup of freshly grated Pecorino Romano
- Fresh ground black pepper as per your taste
How to Make Orecchiette Pasta with Margherita Genoa Salami
- First of all, in a small pot place of 1/4 cup whole peeled garlic cloves. Cover with the extra virgin olive oil & cook on the low heat until the garlic becomes soft & cooked through. Then set aside to cool, and retain olive oil.
- Now bring a pot of lightly salted water to the boil and cook the orecchiette pasta until al dente. And then reserve approximately of 1/4 cup of the pasta water to add to the end of the step 3. Drain the pasta and cool in the cold water, then set aside.
- After that, in a large saute pan, heat the garlic oil from roasted garlic. Add Margherita Genoa salami & brown slightly. Add spinach, peppers, roasted garlic, and half of the toasted pine nuts & continue to cook until spinach is wilted. And then add cooked pasta & reserved the pasta water, fresh basil and toss, continue to the saute until the pasta is hot & ready to serve.
- In the end, place the pasta on plates or serving bowl, sprinkle with the black pepper, grated Romano cheese, and top with the remaining pine nuts.
Nutritional Information for Orecchiette Pasta with Margherita Genoa Salami
- Servings per recipe: 4
- Calories: 665.9
- % daily value *
- Protein: 24.4g 49 %
- Carbohydrates: 99.2g 32 %
- Dietary fiber: 8.5g 35 %
- Fat: 18g 28 %
- Saturated fat: 4.1g 21 %
- Cholesterol: 13.8mg 5 %
- Vitamin a iu: 7834.7iu 157 %
- Niacin equivalents: 11.4mg 86 %
- Vitamin b6: 0.6mg 36 %
- Vitamin c: 122.4mg 206 %
- Folate: 358mcg 90 %
- Calcium: 100.2mg 10 %
- Iron: 6.6mg 36 %
- Magnesium: 125.8mg 46 %
- Potassium: 698.3mg 20 %
- Sodium: 293.7mg 12 %
- Thiamin: 0.7mg 77 %
You can also search our article with below given keywords –
fried salami recipes, what pairs with salami, what is good with salami, how to cook salami, what can i make with sliced salami, can you fry salami, recipe with salami and cheese, what to do with salami ends
Click on the below links to check our other recipes –
Soup Recipe | Cake Recipe | Asparagus Recipe | Burrito Recipe | Smoothie recipe | Tiramisu Recipe | Zucchini Recipe | Pasta Recipe | Pie Recipe | Shake Recipe | Casserole Recipe | Frittata Recipe | Strata Recipe | Spaghetti Recipe | Parmigiana Recipe | Biryani Recipe | Eggs Recipe | Quesadilla Recipe | Risotto Recipe