Picante Chicken Rice Burrito
Hello friends, welcome to Smooth Recipe. Today we are going to make Picante Chicken Rice Burrito.
These flour tortillas filled with a mildly spicy, picante chicken, cheesy and mixture of rice then topped with the more cheese and baked. This is a great dinner inspired by Mexican flavors. This is one of my favorite chicken recipe.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 50 mins
Total Time: 1 hr
Yield: 12 burritos
Ingredients for Making Picante Chicken Rice Burrito
- 2 tablespoons chopped butter
- ½ cup chopped chopped green onion
- 1 clove chopped minced garlic
- 7 cups chopped shredded, cooked chicken meat
- 1 tablespoon chopped chili powder
- 2 ½ cups chopped divided chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chopped divided picante sauce
- 1 cup chopped uncooked long grain rice
- ½ cup chopped sliced black olives
- 3 cups chopped shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 (10 inch) chopped flour tortillas Directions
How to Make Picante Chicken Rice Burrito
To Make Chicken Mixture
First of all, in a large skillet over the medium heat, melt butter & saute green onion and garlic until them soft; stir in chicken, 1/4 cup broth, chili powder, and 3/4 cup picante sauce. Heat through, and then set aside.
To Make Rice
- First of all, in a large saucepan, bring the rice and remaining 2 1/4 cups broth to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover pan and simmer for 20-22 minutes. And then stir in remaining 1 1/4 cups picante sauce, cover & simmer for another 5-10 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- In the meanwhile, preheat oven to the 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
To Assemble Burritos
- First of all, stir chicken mixture into the rice, and then add olives & 2 cups of the cheese. Mix them well. Spoon 1 cup of filling onto each of the tortilla, off center.
- And then fold sides and ends over the filling, and then roll up. Arrange the filled tortillas in two 9×13 inches of baking dishes and sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese on top.
- In the end, bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10- 15 minutes, or until the heated through.
Nutritional Information for Picante Chicken Rice Burritos
- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories: 570.3
- % Daily Value *
- Protein: 37.0g 74 %
- Carbohydrates: 52.3g 18 %
- Exchange other carbs: 3.4
- Dietary fiber: 3.5g 14 %
- Sugars: 3.2g
- Fat: 23.3g 36 %
- Saturated fat: 10.0g 501 %
- Cholesterol: 103.5mg 35 %
- Vitamin a iu: 645.8iu 13 %
- Niacin equivalents: 15.5mg 119 %
- Vitamin b6: 0.4mg 20 %
- Vitamin c: 1.2mg 2 %
- Folate: 121.5mcg 30 %
- Calcium: 327.0mg 32 %
- Iron: 4.5mg 25 %
- Magnesium: 46.3mg 18 %
- Potassium: 405.6mg 12 %
- Sodium: 1210.1mg 48 %
- Thiamin: 0.6mg 48 %
- Calories from fat: 205
- Percent of calories from carbs: 35
- Percent of calories from fat: 35
- Percentage of calories from protein: 25
- Percent of calories from sat fat: 15
You can also search us with below given keywords –
mexican chicken rice burrito recipe, chicken rice burrito taco bell, chicken rice & bean burrito recipe, cheesy chicken and rice burritos, chicken and white rice burrito, chicken burrito, chicken fried rice burrito, shredded chicken burrito recipe, chicken rice burrito
Click on the below links to check our other recipes –
Soup Recipe | Cake Recipe | Asparagus Recipe | Burrito Recipe | Smoothie recipe | Tiramisu Recipe | Zucchini Recipe | Pasta Recipe | Pie Recipe | Shake Recipe | Casserole Recipe | Frittata Recipe | Strata Recipe | Spaghetti Recipe | Parmigiana Recipe | Biryani Recipe | Eggs Recipe | Quesadilla Recipe | Risotto Recipe