Ultimate Potato Soup
Hello friends, welcome to Smooth Recipe. Today we are going to make ultimate Potato Soup.
This is one of the best ultimate potato soup recipes. Making this soup is very quick and easy. you can make this very nice and creamy without even using any heavy cream, it is very cozy, comforting and delicious in taste.
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
Yield: 8 servings
Ingredients for Ultimate Potato Soup
- 1 pound of chopped bacon
- 2 stalks diced celery
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 8 medium (2-1/4″ to 3″ dia, raw)s peeled and cubed potatoes
- 4 cups of chicken stock, or enough to cover the potatoes
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- ¼ cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon of dried tarragon
- 3 teaspoons of chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper as per your taste
How to Make Ultimate Potato Soup
- First of all, in a Dutch oven, cook the bacon over the medium heat until done. Now remove the bacon from pan, and set aside. And then drain off all but 1/4 cup of the bacon grease.
- After that cook celery and onion in the reserved bacon drippings until onion is translucent, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in garlic, and continue the cooking for 1-2 minutes. Add the cubed potatoes, and toss to coat. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Now return bacon to the pan, and add enough of the chicken stock to just cover the potatoes. Cover it, and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- After that in a separate pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour. Cook and stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes. Whisk in the heavy cream, cilantro, and tarragon.
- Now bring the cream mixture to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, until it thickened. After that stir the cream mixture into the potato mixture. Puree about 1/2 of the soup, and return to the pan. Adjust seasonings as per your taste.
Nutritional Information for Ultimate Potato Soup
- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories: 593.8
- % Daily Value *
- Protein: 12.5g 25 %
- Carbohydrates: 42g 14 %
- Exchange other carbs: 4
- Dietary fiber: 5.1g 21 %
- Sugars: 2.8g
- Fat: 41.2g 64 %
- Saturated fat: 18.2g 90 %
- Cholesterol: 91.4mg 30 %
- Vitamin a iu: 673.7IU 14 %
- Niacin equivalents: 7.2mg 54 %
- Vitamin b6: 0.7mg 50 %
- Vitamin c: 42mg 73 %
- Folate: 50.4mcg 13 %
- Calcium: 65.2mg 7 %
- Iron: 2.2mg 13 %
- Magnesium: 61.5mg 22 %
- Potassium: 1104.6mg 31 %
- Sodium: 878.4mg 35 %
- Thiamin: 0.5mg 45 %
- Calories from fat: 372.2
- Percent of calories from carbs: 28
- Percent of calories from fat: 60
- Percentage of calories from protein: 7
- Percent of calories from sat fat: 26
You can also search our article with below given keywords –
old fashioned potato soup, 4 ingredient potato soup, loaded potato soup, vegetarian potato soup, easy potato soup with chicken broth, cheesy potato soup, plain potato soup, potato soup pioneer woman
Click on the below links to check our other recipes –
Cake Recipe | Asparagus Recipe | Burrito Recipe | Smoothie recipe | Tiramisu Recipe | Zucchini Recipe | Pasta Recipe | Pie Recipe | Shake Recipe | Casserole Recipe | Frittata Recipe | Strata Recipe | Spaghetti Recipe | Parmigiana Recipe | Biryani Recipe | Eggs Recipe | Quesadilla Recipe | Risotto Recipe