Roasted Butternut Squash Soup Infused With Chocolate
Hello friends, welcome to Smooth Recipe. Today we are going to make a very delicious Roasted Butternut Squash Soup Infused with Chocolate.
A Butternut squash roasted with chocolate, chili peppers, and other goodness of the pureed down to a soup. Even a squash-hating sweetie enjoyed it. Garnish with the chocolate chips, sourdough crostini, chocolate shavings, a drizzle of maple syrup, or even a bit of a light cream.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 55 mins
Total time: 1 hr 15 mins
Yield: 4 bowls
Ingredients for Roasted Butternut Squash Soup Infused With Chocolate
- 1 butternut squash, halved lengthwise & seeded
- ¼ cup of olive oil, as per requirement
- ½ teaspoon of ground Saigon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper as per your taste
- 2 ounces of chopped dark chocolate
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 small halved lengthwise red chili pepper
- 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- 1 small chopped yellow onion
- 4 cups of chicken stock
How to Make Roasted Butternut Squash Soup Infused With Chocolate
- First of all preheat oven to the 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). and then line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Now rub each half of the squash with the 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil & place cut-side up on the baking sheet. Sprinkle some nutmeg, salt, cinnamon, and pepper on each half. And then place chocolate, chili, garlic, and maple syrup into the cavities of each of the half.
- After that bake in the preheated oven until the flesh is soft and tender, for upto 45 to 55 minutes. And then remove from oven to cool it down.
- Now heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a stock pot over the medium heat. Cook & stir onion until translucent for about 5 minutes.
- Scoop the flesh out of 1 butternut squash half, along with the cavity contents, into a blender. And then add onion and 2 cups of chicken stock; puree until it become smooth. Pour into the stock pot. Scoop the flesh out of remaining butternut squash half, along with the cavity contents, into the blender. Now add the remaining chicken stock; puree until it become smooth. And then pour into stock pot.
- Now heat soup in stock pot over the medium heat to your desired temperature; add some salt and ground black pepper as per your taste.
- Dark chocolate should be 70% cocoa or higher. Reduce the amount to 1 ounce, if you desired.
Nutritional Information for Roasted Butternut Squash Soup Infused With Chocolate
- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories: 385.9
- % Daily Value *
- Exchange other carbs: 3.4
- Dietary fiber: 7.6g 31 %
- Vitamin b6: 0.6mg 34 %
- Vitamin c: 75.7mg 125 %
- Folate: 88.1mcg 22 %
- Calcium: 175.2mg 17 %
- Iron: 2.5mg 14 %
- Sugars: 20.2g
- Fat: 19.3g 30 %
- Saturated fat: 2.8g 15 %
- Cholesterol: 1.4mg 1 %
- Vitamin a iu: 33268.1IU 665 %
- Niacin equivalents: 4.6mg 36 %
- Magnesium: 110.4mg 40 %
- Potassium: 1177.6mg 33 %
- Sodium: 802.6mg 32 %
- Protein: 4.8g 10 %
- Carbohydrates: 55.4g 18 %
- Thiamin: 0.4mg 33 %
- Calories from fat: 170.4
- Percent of calories from carbs: 52
- Percent of calories from fat: 40
- Percentage of calories from protein: 5
- Percent of calories from sat fat: 7
You can also search our article with below given keywords –
roasted butternut squash soup with coconut milk, roasted butternut squash soup with apple, easy butternut squash soup recipe, roasted butternut squash soup recipe with cream, healthy butternut squash soup, roasted butternut squash soup creamy, quick butternut squash soup, butternut squash soup vegan
Click on the below links to check our other recipes –
Cake Recipe | Asparagus Recipe | Burrito Recipe | Smoothie recipe | Tiramisu Recipe | Zucchini Recipe | Pasta Recipe | Pie Recipe | Shake Recipe | Casserole Recipe | Frittata Recipe | Strata Recipe | Spaghetti Recipe | Parmigiana Recipe | Biryani Recipe | Eggs Recipe | Quesadilla Recipe | Risotto Recipe