- 1 Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 Roasted Winter Squash
- 3 Ingredients for Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- 4 How to Make Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- 5 To Make Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- 6 To Make Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- 7 Chef’s Suggestion
- 8 Nutritional Information for Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Hello friends, welcome to Smooth Recipe. Today we are going to make Roasted Butternut Squash Soup.
Friends, this is a rich soup for an autumn season — winter squash is roasted & pureed & blended into a creamy broth seasoned with the cinnamon and roasted coriander.
Preparation time: 30 mins
Additional time: 30 mins
Total time: 1 hr
Yield: 4 cups
Roasted Winter Squash
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cups raw winter squash (hubbard, butternut, acorn)
- Salt and pepper
Ingredients for Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup of diced onion (1/4-inch)
- ¼ cup of diced carrot (1/4-inch)
- One cinnamon stick
- ¼ cup of diced celery (1/4-inch)
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 (32 ounce) carton chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon of ground toasted coriander
- 2 tablespoons of toasted pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup of half-and-half, if desired*
- ½ cup of plain Panko crispy bread crumbs, toasted light brown in the saute pan over the medium heat.
How to Make Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
To Make Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Heat oven to the 375 degrees F. Heat butter over the medium-high heat in an ovenproof saute pan; and then add diced squash, pepper, and salt.
- When squash begins to brown in color, place the pan in oven. Roast it for around 15 minutes or until it the color changes to medium-brown on all sides. Now remove ir from oven and let it cool slightly.
- Put puree in the food processor, or mash with the potato masher or a ricer. Measure the 1 ½ cups squash; and put it in
To Make Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add the onion, celery, carrot and cinnamon stick; saute until soft but not brown, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the broth and the coriander; bring to a boil. Simmer for several minutes. Stir in reserved squash until smooth; simmer gently to let the flavors meld, about 10 minutes. Discard the cinnamon stick.
- Puree the soup using an immersion blender or in a blender until smooth. (The soup can be made ahead to this point, cooled, covered, and refrigerated for several days or frozen for about 1 month. It will thicken as it cools and may need thinning with broth or water when reheating.)
- Return the soup to the pan and reheat gently. Add the half-and-half. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Top each serving with pumpkin seeds and toasted bread crumbs.
Depending on how much rich you want it, or how it is cold outside, you can use the cream, mascarpone, or yogurt instead of the half-and-half.
Nutritional Information for Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories: 352.3
- % Daily Value *
- Protein: 7.6g 16 %
- Carbohydrates: 28.9g 10 %
- Exchange other carbs: 2
- Fat: 22.8g 35 %
- Saturated fat: 7.4g 36 %
- Dietary fiber: 2.4g 9 %
- Sugars: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 26.6mg 9 %
- Vitamin a iu: 2465.9IU 49 %
- Vitamin c: 9.6mg 16 %
- Folate: 25.5mcg 6 %
- Calcium: 70.7mg 7 %
- Niacin equivalents: 1.2mg 10 %
- Vitamin b6: 0.3mg 10 %
- Iron: 2.2mg 12 %
- Magnesium: 40.2mg 14 %
- Potassium: 356.5mg 10 %
- Calories from fat: 205.5
- Sodium: 1388.9mg 56 %
- Thiamin: 0.1mg 8 %
- Percent of calories from carbs: 32
- Percent of calories from fat: 56
- Percentage of calories from protein: 10
- Percent of calories from sat fat: 20
You can also search us with below given keywords –
roasted butternut squash soup with coconut milk, roasted butternut squash soup with apple, easy butternut squash soup recipe, roasted butternut squash soup recipe with cream, healthy butternut squash soup, roasted butternut squash soup creamy, quick butternut squash soup, butternut squash soup vegan
Click on the below links to check our other recipes –
Cake Recipe | Asparagus Recipe | Burrito Recipe | Smoothie recipe | Tiramisu Recipe | Zucchini Recipe | Pasta Recipe | Pie Recipe | Shake Recipe | Casserole Recipe | Frittata Recipe | Strata Recipe | Spaghetti Recipe | Parmigiana Recipe | Biryani Recipe | Eggs Recipe | Quesadilla Recipe | Risotto Recipe