Salsa Chicken Rice Casserole
Hello friends, welcome to Smooth Recipe. Today we are going to make Salsa Chicken Rice Casserole.
Layers of rice, a creamy soup chicken breast, and salsa mixture and 2 kinds of the cheese add up to this simply yummy salsa casserole! This recipe is one of my family’s favorite because it is so delicious in taste and easily made with the ingredients found in any home pantry.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hr
Total time: 1 hr 20 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Ingredients for Salsa Chicken Rice Casserole
- 1 ⅓ cups of uncooked white rice
- 2 ⅔ cups of water
- 2 cups of shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 ½ cups of mild salsa
- 2 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
How to Make Salsa Chicken Rice Casserole
- Place rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place chicken breast halves into a large saucepan, and fill the pan with water. Bring to a boil, and cook for 20 minutes, or until done. Remove chicken from water. When cool enough to handle, cut meat into bite-size pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses. In a separate bowl, mix together cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, onion, and salsa. Layer 1/2 of the rice, 1/2 of the chicken, 1/2 of the soup and salsa mixture, and 1/2 of the cheese mixture in prepared dish. Repeat layers, ending with cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes, or until bubbly.
Nutritional Information for Salsa Chicken Rice Casserole
- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories: 475.7
- % Daily Value *
- protein: 32g 61 %
- carbohydrates: 34.5g 10 %
- exchange other carbs: 2.4
- dietary fiber: 1.8g 9 %
- sugars: 3.0g
- fat: 23.5g 35 %
- saturated fat: 12.0g 60 %
- cholesterol: 88.0mg 28 %
- vitamin a iu: 730.0IU 18 %
- niacin equivalents: 10.5mg 85 %
- vitamin b6: 0.4mg 25 %
- vitamin c: 4mg 6 %
- folate: 88.5mcg 20 %
- calcium: 456.5mg 45 %
- iron: 3.0mg 15 %
- magnesium: 45.0mg 15 %
- sodium: 1140.2mg 45 %
- Thiamin: 0.3mg 24 %
- Percent of calories from carbs: 28
- Calories from fat: 215.7
- percent of calories from fat: 44
- percent of calories from protein: 26
- potassium: 367.0mg 12 %
- percent of calories from sat fat: 26