Sausage Crescent Rolls
Hello friends, welcome to Smooth Recipe. Today we are going to make Sausage Crescent Rolls.
A spicy seasoned sausage mixed with the cream cheese & wrapped in crescent rolls. For the different variation, add thin slices of the pepperoni on the bottom of the crescent roll before the sausage mixture & shred cheddar on the top of sausage; roll pastry over.
Preparation time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Additional time: 5 mins
Total time: 50 mins
Yield: 20 servings
Ingredients for making Sausage Crescent Rolls
- 1 pound of fresh, ground spicy pork sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) packages of refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 lightly beaten egg white
- 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds
How to Make Sausage Crescent Rolls
- First of all, oven to the 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Now in a medium skillet, lightly brown sausage & drain. While the sausage is still hot, add the cream cheese & stir it until cheese is melted & mixture is creamy. Cool it completely.
- After that separate the crescent rolls & arrange into the two rectangles. Form log of the sausage mixture lengthwise down the center of each of the rectangle. And then fold over the long sides of the pastry to cover the sausage log. Now place on ungreased cookie sheet, seam down. Brush with the egg white & sprinkle with the poppy seeds.
- In the end, bake 20-22 minutes until the crust is golden. When it completely cooled, slice into 1 and 1 ½ inches slices.
Nutritional Information for Sausage Crescent Rolls
- Servings per recipe: 20
- Calories: 225.8
- % daily value *
- Protein: 5.5g 11 %
- Carbohydrates: 9.3g 3 %
- Fat: 15g 28 %
- Saturated fat: 6g 30 %
- Cholesterol: 25.8mg 9 %
- Vitamin a iu: 145.8iu 3 %
- Niacin equivalents: 0.6mg 6 %
- Vitamin b6: 0.2mg 4 %
- Vitamin c: 0.4mg 1 %
- Folate: 2.5mcg 1 %
- Calcium: 19.0mg 2 %
- Iron: 2mg 6 %
- Magnesium: 4.5mg 2 %
- Potassium: 64.3mg 2 %
- Sodium: 362.4mg 15 %
- Thiamin: 0.2mg 14 %