Shredded Chicken Tacos
Hello friends, welcome to Smooth Recipe. Today we are going to make Shredded Chicken Tacos.
Bone and skin are left on the chicken breasts so they are extra flavorful as they simmer in the tomato sauce and a blend of the savory seasonings.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
Total time: 50 mins
Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients for Making Shredded Chicken Tacos
- 2 (8 ounce) cans of Goya Tomato Sauce
- 2 teaspoons of Goya White Distilled Vinegar
- 3 ½ teaspoons of ancho chile powder
- 2 teaspoons of Goya Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon of Goya Ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoons of Goya Oregano Leaf
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Goya Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pounds of bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
- Goya Adobo with Pepper, as per your taste
- 1 (10 ounce) package of Goya Corn Tortillas, warmed
For the Garnish
- ¼ cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Goya Hot Sauce
How to Make Shredded Chicken Tacos
- First of all, in medium bowl, mix together vinegar, tomato sauce, garlic, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and sugar. Season with the Adobo; set aside.
- Now heat oil in large skillet over the medium-high heat. Season the chicken with Adobo. Cook chicken, turning it once, until light golden brown in color on both sides, about 5-7 minutes.
- After that add reserved tomato sauce mixture to pan; bring to a boil (be careful about that the tomato sauce can splatter). Lower heat to medium low flame. Simmer, covered, until it cooked through (thermometer will register 170 degrees F when inserted into thickest part of the breast), flipping once, about 18-20 minutes.
- Now transfer chicken to cutting board; reserve the sauce in pan. Remove & discard bones & skin. Using 2 forks, shred chicken breast.
- And then transfer the chicken to skillet with sauce, mixing to combine them; continue to cook until the sauce reduces & blends into chicken, and mixture starts to caramelize, about 8-10 minutes more.
- In the end, transfer the chicken mixture to serving bowl. Spoon into the warmed corn tortillas. Garnish with the tomatoes, lettuce, avocados and/or onions, if desired. Sprinkle with the hot sauce, if desired.
You can also search our article with below given keywords –
shredded chicken tacos stovetop, mexican shredded chicken tacos, shredded chicken tacos pressure cooker, shredded chicken tacos oven, shredded chicken tacos seasoning, restaurant style shredded chicken tacos, shredded chicken tacos with taco seasoning, pioneer woman shredded chicken tacos
Click on the below links to check our other recipes –
Soup Recipe | Cake Recipe | Asparagus Recipe | Burrito Recipe | Smoothie recipe | Tiramisu Recipe | Zucchini Recipe | Pasta Recipe | Pie Recipe | Shake Recipe | Casserole Recipe | Frittata Recipe | Strata Recipe | Spaghetti Recipe | Parmigiana Recipe | Biryani Recipe | Eggs Recipe | Quesadilla Recipe | Risotto Recipe