Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
Hello friends, welcome to Smooth Recipe. Today we are going to make slow cooker pulled pork.
This is slow cooked, Texas-style pulled pork which is served on a toasted and buttered roll. This recipe is my families and mines all time favorite slow cooker pork. Let’s start making it.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 hours
Total time: 5 hrs 15 minutes
Yield: 8 sandwiches
Ingredients for making Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- 1 (4 pound) of pork shoulder roast
- One cup of barbecue sauce
- ½ cup of apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup of chicken broth
- One tablespoon of prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- One tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 chopped extra large onion
- ¼ cup of light brown sugar
- 2 crushed large cloves garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoons of dried thyme
- 8 split hamburger buns
- 2 tablespoons of butter, or as per your requirement
How to Make Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- First of all, pour vegetable oil into the bottom of the slow cooker. And then place pork roast into the slow cooker; and pour in apple cider vinegar, barbecue sauce, and chicken broth. Now stir in Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, yellow mustard, onion, garlic, chili powder, and thyme. Cover & cook on the high flame heat until the roast shreds easily with a fork, for about 5-6 hours.
- After the given time remove the roast from slow cooker, and shred meat using two forks. Now return to the shredded pork to slow cooker, and stir meat into the juices.
- In the end, spread inside of the both halves of the hamburger buns with butter. Now toast buns, butter side down, in the skillet over the medium flame heat until it golden brown in color. Now spoon pork into the toasted buns check and now it is ready for heat. Have fun.
The pork can also be cooked on Low for 10 to 12 hours.
Nutritional Information for Slow Cooker Texas Pulled Pork
- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories: 525.7
- % Daily Value *
- Protein: 31.8g 64 %
- Carbohydrates: 45.4g 15 %
- Dietary fiber: 2.5g 10 %
- Fat: 23.4g 36 %
- Saturated fat: 8.4g 43 %
- Cholesterol: 98.6mg 33 %
- Vitamin a iu: 475.7iu 10 %
- Niacin equivalents: 11.8mg 98 %
- Vitamin b6: 0.6mg 33 %
- Vitamin c: 5.3mg 9 %
- Folate: 57.5mcg 14 %
- Calcium: 118.2mg 12 %
- Iron: 3.4mg 18 %
- Magnesium: 45.5mg 16 %
- Potassium: 605.2mg 17 %
- Sodium: 804.7mg 32 %
- Thiamin: 2mg 100 %