Sous Vide Duck Breast
Hello friends, welcome to Smooth Recipe. Today we are going to make Sous Vide Duck Breast.
Almost foolproof, stovetop sous vide method which requires not any special equipment.
There are so many great ways to cook duck like conflict it, roast it, and wrap it in a pancake. But today we are going to make it in a special way – Sous Vide Duck Breast. So, without wasting any time, let’s start making it.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr 10 mins
Additional time: 1 hr
Total time: 2 hrs 15 mins
Yield: 2 servings
Ingredients for making Sous Vide Duck Breast
- 2 (8 ounce) of boneless duck breast halves, skin on
- Salt and ground black pepper as per your taste
- 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
How to Make Sous Vide Duck Breast
- First of all, cut the several very shallow crosswise slashes across skin of each duck breast about 1/2 inches apart. These cuts should only barely cut into skin and fat; do not cut into the meat. And then season the skin sides with the salt. Generously season meat sides with the black pepper, salt, and thyme.
- After that place the duck breasts in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag and squeeze let out all the air, and seal it again. And then refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Now fill a large Dutch oven about 2/3 full with the water. Bring the water to 135 degrees F (57 degrees C) over the medium heat flame. And then attach a candy or oil thermometer to the sides of the Dutch oven in order to monitor * maintain the water temperature of the food. And then place a silicone hot pad into the bottom of the pan to keep plastic bag from contacting hot bottom of the pan.
- Place the plastic bag containing the duck breasts in the Dutch oven, adjusting the heat as per your requirement to maintain the temperature at/around 135 degrees F (57 degrees C). Cook it for around 1 hour, and move the bag around occasionally to maintain the temperature.
- After that remove the duck breasts from the plastic bag and pat dry. Generously the season skin sides with the salt.
- Now heat the vegetable oil in the skillet over the high heat. Place the duck breasts with the skin sides down in the skillet and cook until fat renders & skin is golden brown in color, 4-5 minutes.
- Now turn the breasts over & cook it until lightly browned in color and meat still pink in the center, 1-2 minute. In the end, let the duck breasts rest for 2-3 minutes before slicing.
Nutritional Information for Sous Vide Duck Breast
- Servings per recipe: 2
- Calories: 175.4
- % daily value *
- Protein: 18g 36 %
- Carbohydrates: 0.3g
- Dietary fiber: 0.2g
- Fat: 10.4g 17 %
- Saturated fat: 2.4g 12 %
- Cholesterol: 104.4mg 35 %
- Vitamin a iu: 35iu 1 %
- Niacin equivalents: 10.4mg 80 %
- Vitamin c: 3.4mg 6 %
- Folate: 0.7mcg
- Calcium: 9.2mg 1 %
- Iron: 2.7mg 15 %
- Magnesium: 1.2mg 1 %
- Potassium: 4.8mg
- Sodium: 140.7mg 6 %