Hello friends, welcome to Smooth Recipe. Today we are going to make Spaghetti Bolognese.
This is a Bolognese recipe with the real personality. It has been a favorite of my family and my friends for the years and is veery easy to make and very delicious in taste.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 45 mins
Total Time: 1 hr
Yield: 6 servings
Ingredients for Spaghetti Bolognese
- 2 pounds of lean ground beef
- 1 large diced white onion
- 1 large diced portobello mushroom, or as per your taste
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans of petite diced tomatoes
- 3 (10 ounce) cans of condensed tomato soup
- ½ cup of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- ¼ cup of chili powder (Optional)
- 3 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning (Optional)
- ½ teaspoon of dried basil
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 (16 ounce) package of spaghetti
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tablespoons of garlic and herb seasoning blend
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
How to Make Spaghetti Bolognese
- First of all, cook the ground beef in the large pot over the high heat, stirring it quickly and constantly until it completely browned in around 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir onion into the beef; cook & stir until the onion ready to turn translucent, for about 5-7 minutes more. Now drain the excess grease from the meat mixture. And then add mushroom to the mixture.
- Allow the mixture to cook until it begins to soften, in about 2 to 3 minutes. And then pour the diced tomato soup and tomatoes into the pot, stir, reduce the heat to medium flame, and bring the mixture to the simmer.
- After that, add the garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and herb seasoning blend, chili powder, lemon juice, garlic, Cajun seasoning, vanilla extract, basil, black pepper, and salt into the mixture, stirring each of them into the mixture before adding to the next step. Reduce the heat to low flame and allow the mixture to simmer for about 30 to 35 minutes.
- In the end, bring a large pot of the lightly salted water to the rolling boil. Add spaghetti and olive oil to the pot & cook the pasta at the boil until it cooked through yet firm to the bite, for about 10-12 minutes. Drain. Top up with the Bolognese sauce to serve.
- Servings per recipe: 6
- Calories: 780.6
- % daily value *
- Protein: 43.4g 86 %
- Carbohydrates: 91.5g 30 %
- Dietary fiber: 6.8g 28 %
- Sugars: 18g
- Fat: 26.4g 44 %
- Saturated fat: 8.6g 44 %
- Cholesterol: 105.6mg 36 %
- Vitamin a iu: 3502.8iu 72 %
- Niacin equivalents: 20mg 168 %
- Vitamin b6: 0.6mg 46 %
- Vitamin c: 94.4mg 156 %
- Folate: 217.3mcg 52 %
- Calcium: 132mg 16 %
- Iron: 12.0mg 68 %
- Magnesium: 87.8mg 30 %
- Potassium: 1365.7mg 39 %
- Sodium: 2278.1mg 90 %
- Thiamin: 0.8mg 98 %
- Calories from fat: 234.8