Hello friends, welcome to Smooth Recipe. Today we are going to make Spaghetti Carbonara.
This is a super rich, classic ‘bacon and egg’ spaghetti dish. This recipe also makes an unusual brunch offering. So, without wasting any time let’s start making it.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Yield: 8 servings
Ingredients for Making Spaghetti Carbonara
- 1 pound of spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 8 slices of diced bacon
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- One chopped onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ¼ cup of dry white wine (Optional)
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch of salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make Spaghetti Carbonara
- First of all, in a large pot of boiling salted water, and cook spaghetti pasta until al dente. Drain it well. Toss with the 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and set aside.
- Now, in a meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the chopped bacon until it slightly crisp; remove and drain onto the paper towels. Reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon fat; add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and heat it in reused large skillet.
- And then add chopped onion, and cook over the medium heat flame until onion is translucent. Add the minced garlic, and cook it for 1 minute more. Add wine if you desired; cook it for 1 more minute.
- After that, return cooked bacon to pan; add cooked & drained spaghetti. Toss to coat and heat through, adding some more olive oil if it seems dry or it is sticking together.
- Add the beaten eggs and cook, tossing it constantly with large fork or tongs until eggs are barely set. Quickly add 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, and toss again.
- Add some salt & pepper to taste (remember that the bacon and Parmesan are very salty).
- Serve it immediately with the chopped parsley sprinkled on the top and extra Parmesan cheese at the table.
Nutritional Information for Spaghetti Carbonara
- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories: 445
- % Daily Value *
- Protein: 16.5g 33 %
- Carbohydrates: 44.2g 14 %
- Exchange other carbs: 2
- Dietary fiber: 2.0g 8 %
- Sugars: 2.5g
- Fat: 20g 34 %
- Saturated fat: 6.6g 33 %
- Cholesterol: 115.5mg 39 %
- Vitamin a iu: 238iu 5 %
- Niacin equivalents: 8.3mg 66 %
- Vitamin b6: 0.3mg 15 %
- Vitamin c: 2.2mg 4 %
- Folate: 150.2mcg 38 %
- Calcium: 100mg 10 %
- Iron: 2.7mg 15 %
- Magnesium: 40.5mg 15 %
- Potassium: 255.5mg 7 %
- Sodium: 365.8mg 15 %
- Thiamin: 0.6mg 60 %
- Calories from fat: 192.3
- Percent of calories from carbs: 42
- Percent of calories from fat: 40
- Percentage of calories from protein: 15
- Percent of calories from sat fat: 12
You can also search our article with below given keywords –
spaghetti carbonara resepi, spaghetti carbonara with cream, no egg, carbonara sauce recipe, easy spaghetti carbonara, traditional carbonara recipe, spaghetti carbonara rezept, pasta with bacon and cheese
Click on the below links to check our other recipes –
Soup Recipe | Cake Recipe | Asparagus Recipe | Burrito Recipe | Smoothie recipe | Tiramisu Recipe | Zucchini Recipe | Pasta Recipe | Pie Recipe | Shake Recipe | Casserole Recipe | Frittata Recipe | Strata Recipe | Spaghetti Recipe | Parmigiana Recipe | Biryani Recipe | Eggs Recipe | Quesadilla Recipe | Risotto Recipe